From 2012 to 2013
I have never been much for conjuring up New Year’s Resolutions. Don’t have anything against them, I just don’t personally see this great bridge between one year and the next. However, I have been reading through some other blogs and listening to sermons about the new year and reflection. So, while I am not going make a resolution, I want to spend some of my moments today, reflecting upon the greatness of God during 2012.
- I praise HIM for 18 wonderful years of being married to my best friend.
- I rejoice in knowing that I entered 2012 afraid and wearisome, burdened for the future. I left 2012, knowing less of where the future leads….but being SO happy in that
- I am thankful that I have come closer to learning that the theme of SURRENDER is much better than the theme of self-reliance
- My perfect plan is not always God’s perfect plan…..I like HIS better.
- I am so proud of what God has done through the life of my daughter. She has matured academically and spiritually, developing her own values and convictions about God in her life. I am going to need to trust HIM completely in the months ahead as she moves into the next phase of her life. Lord, please open our hearts, minds, and understanding to your perfect plan for her.
- I learned that trials and trails have much in common. You can often become overwhelmed, winded, frustrated, and exhausted; however, the reward of getting through them is amazing.
- I am blessed by the unexpected friendships God has given to me this year – Bible study partners and Vanguard cohort teachers-to-be
- I am thankful for the opportunity to learn more about being a grace-filled teacher, mother, wife, and friend
- I praise God for the training I received this year at Vanguard University and the way that God has allowed me to learn and reflect and grow.